Saturday, November 29, 2008

All Carbed Up

Thanksgiving was awesome. As duly expected, I ingested copious quantities of food, in particular sweet potatoes and stuffing -- both of which I heart with an undying passion. Yay for carbs. As I promised myself beforehand, however, I can't (and won't) let this escalate into a binge-fest spanning the entire period between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day.

So it's back to clean eating tomorrow! I'm planning to try out the PSMF (protein-sparing modified fast) beginning tomorrow (Sunday, November 30) and lasting for 12 days (ending Friday, November 12, which is also the day my family gets into town). According to the PSMF guidelines put out by Lyle McDonald, I ought to be consuming 204 g of protein per day, and very low amounts of carbohydrates and fat. It's definitely going to be useful after that mega carb blow-out over the last two days!

No comments: