Wednesday, December 3, 2008

PSMF Day 2

Day 2 didn't go so well in terms of overall target. I ran on all of 40 calories from my post-9:30 a.m. workout blend of Emergen-C and BCAA till I got home at close to 9:00 p.m. -- it also meant that I only had time to have 2 scoops of whey protein, 4 fish oil caps, a tablespoonful of PB2, and 2 slices of whole grain bread before it was bed time. Going without food for a long time really doesn't bother me much, because I've been so conditioned to just keep going (esp. in the Army) with limited amounts of sustenance. In fact, it's odd. I never get hungry when I'm or away from food, but am stricken with the worst cravings whenever it's accessible. Pfffffffttt.

Oh, and yes, I know you must be saying -- bread???? Yeah, I know, that should've been eons away from anything that dares to call itself a PSMF, but it was from Whole Foods and aptly named "Seeduction Bread". Well, obviously, I was see-duced. (On that note, it's a very healthy bread and I recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone who isn't on Paleo/low-carb kind of eating plan. Dense, nutty, flavorful and packed with all sorts of Good Things).

But I used Fitday to total up my calories and macronutrients and it came up to 512 calories (alright, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too low), 61.3 g protein, 43.6 g carbs, and 9.0 g fat. Alright. More protein today, no more Seeduction bread, and hopefully a better day! Although I'll have to do 50 burpees to make up for my transgression.

(Oh, and I don't mean to make you tumble from your low-carb/no grains wagon, but here's a recipe for the amazing Seeduction Bread. Look! Isn't it gorgeous?)

2 comments:

Moby Dick said...

Did you get off the crack?

hailey said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about a broken link on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Hailey William
haileyxhailey@gmail.com